Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hotel Alexander

 

Ahhh, a nicer hotel than the one we left in Delft this morning. Sam and I checked into room 32, which was 32 steps up. This hotel, I believe, is made up of more than one building, with its meandering hallways and varying stairways. I also found an engraved stone on the front of one which gave its building date as August 31, 1809.
 

The room was smallish, like a Paris hotel, but it was very modern and the bathroom, very nice. That's always one of my most important criteria. And, of course, the window opened!
 

I was also very happy about the espresso machine in the lobby/breakfast room--2 euros a cup and worth it.


The balcony at the back of the lobby overlooked a peaceful and lush courtyard. Supposedly, you can see a flock of parrots flitting in and out of the trees. We did hear them--not sure that I was seeing them because they were very fast. Sam got a photo but...this looks like a pigeon to me...


After unpacking and sitting awhile on the balcony, we met the group for an orientation walk around our neighborhood while headed to tonight's group dinner at a Indonesian restaurant--very popular in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment